Provide assistance to all sales associates of the sales department and service department as needed.
- Wash and/or detail internal and external customers’ new and pre-owned motorcycles.
- Complete paperwork and move motorcycle to staging area.
- Operate fork lift to safely move motorcycles and shipping crates/skids to designated areas.
- Clean and maintain appearance of general facilities and grounds.
- Pick up and deliver customer motorcycles and dealer trade motorcycles as needed.
- Provide prompt, dependable, high quality customer service to internal and external customers.
- Greet customers immediately, in an inviting and friendly manner.
- Handle requests quickly and courteously.
The duties and responsibilities defined above are not an all-inclusive list, but a general summary of typical duties. Individuals in this position may be asked to perform a wide range of related tasks to ensure that the sales and service goals for the team are met and that the highest level of customer service is always provided.
- Be part of the team. Assist coworkers or customers of other departments, as needed.
- Maintain a clean and safe workplace. Notify proper person if attention is needed.
- Motorcycles safely transported without damage and to the satisfaction of internal and external customers. Motorcycles thoroughly and professionally washed/detailed to the satisfaction of internal and external customers.
- Daily schedule managed to make the most effective use of dealership resources and vehicles.
- Excellent customer service confirmed through CSI scores, customer feedback, repeat business, and/or customer referrals.
- Positive and supportive work environment created through communication, mutual respect for all individuals and adherence to associate conduct guidelines.
- Treat all associates and customers fairly, courteously, and with dignity.
- Focus on quality and productivity.
- Attend company-sponsored events to build customer relationships and promote the dealership.
- Clock in and out on time. Be prompt and available for flexible scheduling.
- Demonstrate professionalism at all times, including in dress and appearance.
- Accept direction, follow instructions and work well with others.
- Attend company staff meetings.
Qualifications & Job Requirements
- Valid driver’s license and motorcycle endorsement.
- Extensive driving experience
- Acceptable motor vehicle record.
- Requires the use of both hands and the ability to operate a motor vehicle.
- Considerable walking, including up and down stairs.
- Climbing ladders up to 30 feet.
- Occasionally required to bend, stoop, crouch, reach, and lift 50 lbs. of material.
- Occasionally requires the ability to balance up to 900 lbs. and push up to 1,200 lbs.
- Color acuity to select correct wire or paint.
- Continual use of speech, vision, hearing, and manual dexterity.
- Outside exposure during all types of weather.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Frequently works near moving mechanical parts.
- Potential exposure to battery acid, gasoline, chemical cleaning materials or other toxic materials commonly found in a motor vehicle service department.
- Occasionally exposed to exhaust fumes or other airborne particles.
Toledo Harley-Davidson® is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Parts & Accessories Manager
Parts & Accessories Department
General Manager or Dealer Principal
Manages employees and operations of the Parts & Accessories department.
Key Result Areas
- Parts Department Operations
- Customer Service
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Parts Department Operations
- Set-up and maintain a smooth running, efficient P&A department.
- Ensure P&A personnel are well trained and available when needed.
- Ensure the needs of the service department are being met.
- Review all stock orders to ensure a fast moving balanced inventory of Parts & Accessories.
- Maintain sufficient quantities of stock to support demand and acceptable inventory turn ratio.
- Assist staff when needed.
- Supervise and maintain an accurate up-to-date inventory management and control system.
- Become familiar and efficient with all phases of the computer system required for service & parts management
- Establish procedures for ordering, receiving, logging into inventory, displaying, and selling all merchandise.
- Ensure employees keep a clean and orderly department.
- Generate and review Inventory reports from Dealer Information System.
- Employ sound management practices to ensure parts department contributes acceptable levels of gross and net profit.
- Maximize return on investment of parts inventory.
- Grow the volume of P&A sales.
- Maintain budgeted revenue and expense objectives.
- Develop advertising and promotional campaigns for merchandise.
- Provide reports to Dealer Principal or General Manager, as requested.
- Develop monthly and annual objectives for the department in collaboration with Dealer Principal or General Manager.
- Attend training sessions to keep current with P&A merchandising and inventory control issues. (P.A.C.E., HDU, etc.)
- Provides superior customer service to both internal (Service Department) and external customers.
- Greet customers immediately, in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Handle telephone transactions quickly, and courteously.
- Point out any sales, specials, or new merchandise to staff and customers.
- Estimate length of time to receive any back-ordered parts and clearly communicate it to customer. Avoid setting high customer expectation levels in situations where expectations are not likely to be met.
- Handle customer complaints reasonably, showing empathy and a positive attitude and demonstrate our commitment to Superior Customer Service.
- Plan and execute “exceptional” promotions to bring both “new and existing” customers into the dealership on a regular basis.
- Establish departmental work schedule, balancing the workload of all employees.
- Establish job assignments for all P&A employees within their skill level.
- Set policies and procedures for P&A department.
- Manage employee performance (evaluate and council).
- Assist Dealer Principal or General Manager with recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and terminating employees.
- Maintain records of all employee performance reviews.
- Provide training for all P&A employees (seminars; workshops; P&A sales, inventory mgmt., etc.).
- Oversee Parts to Service Liaison Position.
- Treat all employees and customers fairly, courteously, and with dignity.
- Model superior customer service behavior for all P&A personnel by maintaining positive relationships with customers, employees, GM and owner(s).
- Be prompt and available for flexible scheduling.
- Be honest and fair in all business dealings.
- Demonstrate an interest in growing the P&A business.
Qualifications & Job Requirements
- Experience with retail sales and inventory management.
- Prefer knowledge and experience with servicing of Harley-Davidson motorcycles, and other products sold by the dealership, or the demonstrated ability to quickly learn them.
- Experience with Point-of-Sale and Parts & Service management computer software or the ability to quickly learn due to general knowledge and experience with computers.
- The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud.
- Occasionally required to bend, stoop, crouch, reach, and lift _____ lb. of material.
- Is potentially exposed to battery acid, gasoline, chemical cleaning materials or other toxic materials commonly found in a motor vehicle service department.
- Occasionally, exposed to exhaust fumes or other airborne particles.